When a Maryland homeowner realized her home was infested with snakes, she desperately tried to get them out but instead set her home on fire.
While using smoke from coals to lure the snakes out of her property, Montgomery County Fire said the owner caused a fire that resulted in about $1 million in damage to the home.
The fire broke out around 10 p.m. on Nov. 23 and Pete Piringer, a spokesman for the department, said on Twitter that it took 75 firefighters put out the blaze.
The fire started in the basement but was deemed accidental.
Piringer said the coals used were close to combustibles which set the blaze.
The homeowner and residents were unharmed but the state of the snakes is “undetermined,” Piringer said.
Follow Gabriela Miranda on Twitter: @itsgabbymiranda